Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Enabling Usage Rights In A Form Created In Older LC, But Updated In Newer Version of LC

Former Community Member

Has anyone run into the situation where updates have been made in a form that was originally created in an older version of LC with a newer version not enabling the usage rights for Reader?  I have a form that I created that was done in an older version, and I recently needed to make updates to it, and I now have Adobe Pro X.  Anyone who has Adobe Standard or higher can access the form and fill it out, but if someone only has Reader, they really cannot do anything with it.  It has created a problem in my office.  Once we figured out what was going on, I had to find someone with Adobe Pro 8 to pull up the form and enable the usage rights in Reader.  I'm really hoping it is that I am missing something, but I don't know.

Here is how the form is set up as a default:

LC-Form Properties.jpg

Thanks for any help that you can give me!

Maribeth

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Do you have any script running on it?  When you enable it for Readers, does it give you an error?

Former Community Member

Sorry, I don't know about a script.  I am not an IT person.  I've had to teach myself how to use it.  All I know is that in the old versions... for me to enable usage rights for folks with Reader, I had to open the form in Adobe Pro (after creating it in LC), and enable the rights there.  Now, with the version I have... I cannot find that function in Adobe X.  So, when I update a form that I made before I received the upgrade, they will not work with Reader.  Any form I've created with the newer version is fine.  It's only the old forms.

Former Community Member

Thats okay, I understand... I had to teach myself as well. Send me your

form and I will see what is going on, it might be as simple as setting the

form properties or difficult, but we will see.

Former Community Member

Sorry for the long delay.  I had a form that I needed to make changes to, and decided to send that to you.  I need your e-mail address to send you the form.  Let me know.

Thanks!

Maribeth

Former Community Member

Sorry, email address is eve.tracy@gmail.com.  I might not get to it until tomorrow though.

Level 2

Is there anyway you can post the solution?  I am upgrading to Pro X and will have the same issue (form created in older version used by people with reader).

Thanks!

Former Community Member

Sorry it took me so long.  Things have been crazy, but here's what you do:

File > Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features...

Adobe-Save As.jpg