Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enable Usage Rights for Webservice using code

Level 2

We are looking for code that allows us to enable web service and database connectivity rights into a form. We are using LiveCycle Forms 7.2 to render the XDP and merge data. Because we are merging data into the form, it has to be reader enabled through the  code everytime it is presented to the user in our application.

These are the parameters we do have but we do not see one for web service connectivity.

usageRights[0] = com.adobe.document.pdf.DOCUMENT_SAVE.value;
usageRights[1] = com.adobe.document.pdf.FORM_FILL_IN.value;
usageRights[2] = com.adobe.document.pdf.FORM_EXPORT.value;
usageRights[3] = com.adobe.document.pdf.FORM_IMPORT.value;
usageRights[4] = com.adobe.document.pdf.FORM_ONLINE.value;

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Wow Reader Extensions 7.2 was a long time ago. I remember there was a weird right that had to be set but I do not remember specifically which one. I have put a question out to some of my colleagues to see if we can find some code from way back then. If I find something I will let you know.

Paul

Level 2

Sam Stickler

VP of Business Solutions

Novanis

15870 Dartford Way

Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

(P) 800-842-6634 Ext 3614

(C) 818-876-2983

(F) 818-337-7451

www.novanis.com

Level 2

Well thanks for responding. We originally deployed this during the Reagan Administration so you are right it was awhile ago. Does Form.SubmitStandAlone ring a bell?

We have an externally facing Flex app that hosts an online form submittal. The form has a lookup feature. Our challenge has been the false positives we were getting when testing when we were sure the form was opening in Reader and not Acrobat.

Thanks again

Sam Stickler

VP of Business Solutions

Novanis

15870 Dartford Way

Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

(C) 818-876-2983

(F) 818-337-7451

www.novanis.com

Employee

FormsOnline is the Usage Right that allows XFA Database & WebService (SOAP) connectivity

--Santosh

Level 2

Thank you very much.

It works now as we have added the  line you mentioned. Adobe support had said Forms.SubmitStandalone was the line. We actually added both just to cover our bases.

Level 2

Thank you Santosh

We were told by Adobe that Forms.SubmitStandalone was the usage rights for connectivity. We added your answer and there's just to be on the safe side. Yours makes more sense. Don't why they don't create a usage rights that says FormsConnection or something more descriptive.

Anyway our app is now working and thank you again.

Sam Stickler

VP of Business Solutions

Novanis

15870 Dartford Way

Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

(C) 818-876-2983

(F) 818-337-7451

www.novanis.com