Expand my Community achievements bar.

Emoji symbol shown correctly only in Adobe products

Level 1

Hi all,

Being new to LiveCycle, I am trying to produce my very first dynamic PDF with this product. I have a table cell which contains a button. And the caption for that button is    character (see here for detail). The font being installed and used for this caption is called Segoe UI Symbol

Now the problem is, this paperclip character is only shown correctly in Adobe products e.g. Acrobat Reader. Whereas I would like to have my PDF be independent to what application the client is using.

Here is how my PDF is shown in Acrobat Reader DC:

1.jpg

Here is !how my PDF is shown in PDF-Xchange Editor (for instance as a non-Adobe product):

2.jpg

Is there any workaround for this issue? Or the PDF forms produced by LiveCycle MUST be used with Adobe products only?

2 Replies

Level 10

I have had little success with using Designer forms with anything other than Adobe Reader/Acrobat, especially dynamic ones.  But, are you embedding the font in your form?

1553087_pastedImage_0.png

But I guess if you are going to embed a whole font, you might as well use an image.

Level 1

Thanks for your help but that checkbox is already ticked in my form properties !