Expand my Community achievements bar.

EmailService not able to receive from Gmail

Former Community Member

I am trying to use EmailService deployed with Livecycle 8.2 to fetch emails from a gmail account and then do some stuff with the attachments. But when i give the configuration in the workbench and test in the workbench itself, i get an error like 'could not connect to imap.gmail.com'

Has someone tried the EmailService using Gmail, please help

Folllowing is ths configuration i am using

Inbox Host: imap.gmail.com

Inbox port: 993

Inbox protocol: imap

ssl enabled checkbox checked

username: my_username@gmail.com

password: my_password

7 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

Try to check the configuration of the EmailService from the administration console (Adminui). You might have to configure the email setting there as well.

Go the following path in the Adminui and configure the SMTP and POP3 settings.

Home > Services > Archive Administration > Service Management > Configure EmailService

Regards,

Waqas

Former Community Member

I have set the parameters, but i am getting the same error. Here is a snapshot of the results, i get when i click on test button in the LC workbench

Test Clicked

Parameters:

filterSubject:             null

filterFrom:                null

folder:                    null

deleteAfterProcessing:     false

attachmentMimeFilterList:  null

useConfigurationOptions:   false

receiveHost:               imap.gmail.com

receivePort:               993

receiveUsername:           gpserver.adb@gmail.com

receivePassword:           password field hidden

receiveProtocol:           imap

Type:                    class java.lang.String

receiveTransportSecurity:  SSL

testData:                 

About to invoke...

java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem connecting with the mail server: imap.gmail.com

Level 2

Hi,

Try to check "Use Configuration Options" true and then try to receive the email.

The "Use Configuration Options" uses the configuration options of the "EmailService" service and not the configuration from the adminui. The configuration from the adminui is used by Process Manageement. This Email service is independent.

Are you using any firewalls, if yes check the connectivity from the server to the gmail server using any tool.

Waqas

Level 10

Let me clarify a few things between the email settings from adminui and the email settings from the Email service.

"This Email service is independent"

You are correct. The Email service in Workbench is independent from the email settings in adminui. The email service in adminui is used for the different notifications in Process Management.

The Email service in Workbench is a generic email service to send email.

"The "Use Configuration Options" uses the configuration options of the "EmailService" service and not the configuration from the adminui"

This is not true. The Email service is independent from the email settings in adminui  and doesn't have access to its settings.

You can configure the Email service two different ways. One is when you add the service into your process. That confi way you configure a particular instance of the email service (for that process only).

The other way is to configure the settings on the component itself (from the component view). That way every time you use the email service you can use the settings defined at the component level by selecting the checkbox.

Now that being said I had tried to use a Gmail account with the Email service with no luck. I beleive there was a bug in the component. You could follow up with support on this.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Yes there was a bug fixed in email comonent. Now gmail is supported in EmailService and it works using POP.

But Email endpoint still not works with Gmail....  any information on this?

Means if i want to invoke a process with email as an endpoint (with gmail)

Level 10

They might have to provide a similar fix for the email endpoint.

Since it's a different service, the fix to the email service wouldn't necessarily fix a problem with the email endpoint.

I would make sure there is a case open with support.

Jasmin

Level 1

Email endpoint is not working with gmail.Adobe LiveCycle version : 8.2.1.3 and WAS 6.1

Here is the error message I have been getting in the systemout. Really appreaciate your help.

org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: Not authorized to perform bind_java_object operation.  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
        at com.ibm.ws.naming.cosbase.WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.performAuthorizationCheck(WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.java:4745)
        at com.ibm.ws.naming.cosbase.WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.bind_java_object(WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.java:1267)
        at com.ibm.WsnOptimizedNaming._NamingContextStub.bind_java_object(_NamingContextStub.java:209)
        at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.cosBindJavaObject(CNContextImpl.java:3986)
        at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doBind(CNContextImpl.java:2277)
        at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.bind(CNContextImpl.java:538)
        at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.bind(WsnInitCtx.java:210)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.bind(InitialContext.java:371)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl.getEmailSourceLock(EmailReaderImpl.java:307)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl.receive(EmailReaderImpl.java:243)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.scan.EmailScanJobImpl.fetchFilesFromInbox(EmailScanJobImpl.java:298)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.scan.EmailScanJobImpl.execute(EmailScanJobImpl.java:94)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor268.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:342)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EJSLocalStatelessEjbTransactionCMTAdapter_caf58c4f.doSupports(Unknown Source)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:104)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationStrategyInterceptor.intercept(InvocationStrategyInterceptor.java:55)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:132)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.JMXInterceptor.intercept(JMXInterceptor.java:48)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:115)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:118)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:91)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:215)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)
        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)
        at com.adobe.idp.scheduler.callback.ServiceCallbackHandler.execute(ServiceCallbackHandler.java:87)
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:529)

[2/5/10 9:45:24:900 EST] 00000050 SystemErr     R       at com.ibm.ws.naming.cosbase.WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.performAuthorizationCheck(WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.java:4745)
[2/5/10 9:45:24:900 EST] 00000050 SystemErr     R       at com.ibm.ws.naming.cosbase.WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.bind_java_object(WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.java:1267)
[2/5/10 9:45:24:900 EST] 00000050 SystemErr     R       at com.ibm.WsnOptimizedNaming._NamingContextStub.bind_java_object(_NamingContextStub.java:209)
[2/5/10 9:45:24:900 EST] 00000050 SystemErr     R       at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.cosBindJavaObject(CNContextImpl.java:3986)
[2/5/10 9:45:24:900 EST] 00000050 SystemErr     R       at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doBind(CNContextImpl.java:2277)
[2/5/10 9:45:24:900 EST] 00000050 SystemErr     R       ... 37 more
[2/5/10 9:45:38:473 EST] 00000051 SystemErr     R javax.naming.NoPermissionException: NO_PERMISSION exception caught [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: Not authorized to perform bind_java_object
operation.  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No]
[2/5/10 9:45:38:473 EST] 00000051 SystemErr     R       at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doBind(CNContextImpl.java:2339)
[2/5/10 9:45:38:473 EST] 00000051 SystemErr     R       at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.bind(CNContextImpl.java:538)
[2/5/10 9:45:38:473 EST] 00000051 SystemErr     R       at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.bind(WsnInitCtx.java:210)
[2/5/10 9:45:38:473 EST] 00000051 SystemErr     R       at javax.naming.InitialContext.bind(InitialContext.java:371)
[2/5/10 9:45:38:473 EST] 00000051 SystemErr     R       at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl.getEmailSourceLock(EmailReaderImpl.java:307)
[2/5/10 9:45:38:473 EST] 00000051 SystemErr     R       at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl.receive(EmailReaderImpl.java:243