Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email submit button

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have created a form in Livecycle Designer and put a submit by email button on the form and designate an employee to recieve the form. However, when i distribute the form and the reciever clicks the submit by email button it will go back to the employee who distributed the form not the employee's email that is assigned to that button, can anyone help with this issue????

Thanks in advance

Jennah

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Thats because you are using the distribute form as a means to get the form out. This distribute functionality is intended for a person to send out forms and collect the responses back. It is not meant for subsequent distribution. The acrobat.com site is inserted script into your form that will cause the email to go back to the sender. If you want to use your own button simplyget the form to your user without using the distribute function.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi,

thank you for your help. So i would not need to have a submit button on the form as the person needing the form back will get it back if they send it out themselves?

How else can i send out a from and get it back to the person assigned to the submit button?

Also do you know where i can find some information on distributed forms and response tracking?

Thanks.

Former Community Member

The distribute and track functionality is part of Acrobat.com ....there may ne something there. Also check the Acrobat documentation there shodul be something there as well. If you do not use the distribute functionality, you can add the form as an attachmnet ot an email (by hand) and when the user opens the form and fills it then hits the submit, it will be mailed to the name mentioned in the submit button.

Paul