Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email submit button using drop down boxes, cc field and

Level 1

I have a form that I would like to have the employees use a drop down box that already exists on the form with names and email addresses and use those names in the to field of an email submit button.  Also, I do have a static cc: address in teh cc field and for the subject of the email to use  an existing field such as the name field as the subject of the email and attach the form to it.

2 Replies

Level 2

You can use the following script on the click of a button and hiding your submit button:

EmailSubmitButton1.event__click.resolveNode("#submit").target = "mailto:consumer@aabcd.com;"+To.rawValue+"?subject="+Subject.rawValue+"&body="+Body.rawValue;

EmailSubmitButton1.execEvent("click");

Level 1

I tried that but it  does not seem to be working.  I am a JavaScript Novice.  I am trying  to use the mailto field based on email addresses in a dropdown box, a static cc field like cc: me@u.com and for the subject to be based on the company name field on the form.  But before all of that I want to make sure all the required fields are filled out.  help I have been working on this for over a year.  It may seem simple but it's not working.