Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Email Submit Button not Submitting Full Form

Former Community Member

Hi guys

I'm new to LiveCycle Designer, so my problem may be something very simple that I have missed.

I have a simple form which I intend to use for my clients to book training sessions with. It will be emailed to them or downloaded from my website to be completed and the submitted to me via the email submit button on the bottom of page 2.

My form doesn't have any fancy coding or dynamic content - just simple text fields and drop down boxes. The subform spreads 2 pages and everything is included in just the one subform.

The email submit button composes an email with the xml file attached, but the xml file only contains the data from the tabulated fields on page 2 - page 1 is completely ignored.

Can anyone help me out with this please, I'd really appreciate it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you look at the Object / Binding tab and then select the various subforms and objects. You will see that on page 1 these are set to "None"; whereas you will need these set to "Normal", like the table on page 2.

If the binding is "None" then an xml submit will not return these values. If the binding is "Normal" then the data will be returned.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you look at the Object / Binding tab and then select the various subforms and objects. You will see that on page 1 these are set to "None"; whereas you will need these set to "Normal", like the table on page 2.

If the binding is "None" then an xml submit will not return these values. If the binding is "Normal" then the data will be returned.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Great - thanks for that.

I suspected that it would be something simple that I had missed!!