Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Email a form in Adobe Acrobat 9

Level 1

Hello!

I have been looking through the threads but in relation to designing a form for someone else, and setting up a submit email to that person rather than the form's author.  I think I read somewhere that this can be easily done with Live Cycle, so long as the version being used is Acrobat 9.

Can someone give me a definitive answer on whether this is the case?

Thanks

Sue

1 Reply

Level 2

Well, when you're designing a form in Livecycle you can drop a "Submit Email" button in the layout. The palette for the button you are defining has a place to specify the email address and email subject associated with the button.

When the end-user (the user that is looking at your form in Adobe Reader 9) clicks that button, user is confronted with a popup asking if the native email client should be invoked (e.g., Outlook or Thunderbird). If the user is affirmative to that, the email client software  fires-up and a new email is composed (and left open, not dispatched) with the email address and subject that you specified back in Livecycle.

Is that what you meant by your question?