Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

E-mail button using something other then Outlook

Former Community Member

My question is simple when using an e-mail button you can send the PDF or XML through e-mail to a certain address such as a gmail, yahoo, msn or etc.. email account but the host e-mail server it is using is the Outlook on your local machine. My question is if I did not have Outlook installed on my machine and had my yahoo or gmail e-mail accounts logged in on the web browser and then I click on the e-mail button on a certain form could they use the gmail or e-mail account for sending or will it not work. Simply put to send e-mail using the E-mail submit button you always use Outlook is there a way to use a script to make the submit button using gmail or yahoo instead.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

There is a dialog that pops up that indicates that we can use the default enail client on your machine or if you do not have one or you want to use a web mail client then it is up to you to save the file and create your own email and add this file as an attachment. There is no api available to be able to automate the web mail.

Paul

Former Community Member

So there is no way to manipulate the E-mail submit button to make this work you just have to do it manually and attach it through e-mail.