Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

e-mail button changes email address when submitting

Level 2

Hello,

For some reason when I try to e-mail my form when I hit the submit by e-mail button in the Send Form that pops up the e-mail address that the form is supposed to be sent to is different than what I have set it up to be on the form. I have tried creating the e-mail submit button using the e-mail button from the standard library and by using a regular button and changing it to a submit button, but it does not make a difference.

Can anyone tell me how to get it to not change the e-mail address when I try to submit my form? The e-mail address I have entered it to be sent to is: tamara@psychologistsassociation.ab.ca but when I go to submit when testing my form it adds an "a" onto the end of association so the e-mail address is changed to: tamara@psycholoigstsassocationa.ab.ca

this means that when I submit it the form does not go to my inbox because the email address is wrong, even though the e-mail address is entered correctly in the Object palette in LiveCycle Designer.

Thanks

Tamara

8 Replies

Level 8

I can have a look if you want to upload your PDF here.

Kyle

Level 2

Ok I uploaded it so hopefully that works. Let me know if it doesn't!

Tamara

Level 2

Here are two screenshots of how I have it set up in Livecycle and what happens when you go to send the form. Formscreenshot.jpgFormscreenshot2.jpg

Level 8

Hi Tamara,

It seams to be a glitch with your version of LiveCycle Designer. It should work if you manually change the auto-generated script instead of using Designer's dialog. Here's how you can do that:

1) Select your email submit button and open the Script Editor (Ctrl+Shift+F5)

2) Make sure you select the 'click' event or 'Events with Scripts' filter at the top left of the script editor window next to 'Show:'

3) Near the end of the script (line 57 and 59) you will see 'mailto:' followed by the faulty email address you were seeing.

4) Change it to what you need it to be (both lines)

I have an earlier version of Designer, so I can't test it myself, so let me know how it works for you.

You can also find it edited here. I also made your tables flow for you.

Kyle

Level 2

Thank you for your response.

On the distributed version of the form (i.e. the form that results from going to File-->Distribute Form and saving local file to distribute later), I went in and changed the script to be the correct e-mail address as you suggested and saved the form. In order to re-enable user permissions (to enable the form to be sent back to me as a PDF and enable users to be able to save info typed into the form) I had to go through the Distribute form process again. When I opened this new file that it created the e-mail address was again switched back to the incorrect one.

To me it seems like the "Distribute Form" process has a bug in it that changes the e-mail address, although I am not sure why that would affect it at all.

Any further suggestions on how to make this work?

Tamara

Level 8

You can have Reader send the form right to the user's email client. Create a new regular button and in the click event put:

var oDoc = event.target;

oDoc.mailDoc({

bUI: true,

cTo: "tamara@psychologistsassociation.ab.ca",

cSubject: "Submitting Completed Forms",

cMsg: "Instructions to add this form to a response file:\n1. Double-click the attachment.\n2. Acrobat will prompt you to select a response file."

});

Kyle

Level 8

OK, here is a sure way of getting it to work with the Reader email UI:

1) In your form open up the XML Source tab View>XML Source

2) Go to Edit>Replace (Ctrl+H)

3) Find What: tamara@psychologistsassociationa.ab.ca     Replace With: tamara@psychologistsassociation.ab.ca

4) Replace All

Kyle

Level 2

Ok this worked like a charm to get the button to work on the form after I distribute it as it now brings up the users e-mail rather than the Send Form when they use the button I created. Almost there!

Only problem is that in the little information bar at the top of the page that says "Please fill out the following form....." on the right hand side there is a Submit Form area that when you click on it still brings up that Send Form dialogue box with the incorrect e-mail address. Is there a way to get rid of it so that people only use the Submit by Email button that I created?

I also tried the method that you posted below on the distributed form then re-distributed it to re-enable the user permissions, but it didn't seem to work as the e-mail address went back to the wrong one. When I looked for the incorrect e-mail address in the xml source on the form before distributing it the e-mail address wasn't incorrect. am I doing that one right?

Tamara