Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dynamically Create Check Boxes w/ Javascript?

Former Community Member

I am running 8.2 LC with JBoss.

Is there a way to dynamically create check boxes in Designer at the time of render based on the entries in a database table?

I have a table that has some company codes and I would like to have check boxes created on the form when it's opened by the user.  Is this possible or too much work?  Right now I have about 10 different codes but later in the year they are going to be adding more and I don't want to have to update the form every time they add new codes, which they will be creating new codes often.

I currently have a list box but the users want the scroll bar to appear all the time instead of when they click on it, which currently when they do it will cancel their selections.  I figured that check boxes may be more user friendly.

Thanks in advance.

John

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Would a subform with a repeating check box be an option?  At runtime you could decide how many of these would be available and what their labels were.

On the back-end this is also something you could do using a Assembly & Stitching to piece together the PDF that you are looking for server-side.