Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Dynamically add page(s) or additional fields/text

Level 1

Hi,

Just a quick overview of how I am using livecycle forms. Most of the forms have static text (modeled off of an existing paper form), which also may contain fields that can either be pre-populated, or entered by the user. The pre-population is handled with a Java Data Access Object file. An example of my problem, is I have a form that has lines numbered 1 - 100. The form is 2 pages long, and the majority of the time, less than 30 of the lines/fields are populated. I am wondering if there is a way to dynamically add a new line based on the amount of data that the Java is sending in. If this end of the first page is reached, a second page will also need to be dynamically created which will continue.

An additional note is that the Table element cannot be used with the underlying architecture that we have set up. Has anyone had a similar dilemma? Or does anyone have any suggestions of what to try/where to look???

Thanks,

Justin

1 Reply

Level 6

What you need to look into is Dynamic concepts of template. Your requirement may seam simple but have many design changes involved and it is hard of any one to put them in a step by step order or explain. Just to give you some idea.......how I would start on such requirement.

1. Create an XSD.

2. Design that template based on the designed XSD.

3. While designing just create one set of fields that repeat and group them as one subform.

4. In the Subform binding set the data binding to the repeating node in the XSD

5. Then set the binding for each field to pull up the data from corresponding tag.

6. Save the template as Dynamic template.

Then when you merge the XML data it gets populated and the section repeats it self based on the available data.

I am not sure how much I am helpful with this answer but certainly you need to learn entire dynamic concepts to get this done.

Good Luck,