Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic XML PDF memory cannot be read error in Acrobat

Level 1

Hello.

After creating a dynamic XML PDF in LiveCycle Designer 8.1 and 8.2 an error is encountered in Acrobat 8.1.3, 8.2.1 and 8.2.3.

Acrobat Professional 8.1.3 and 8.2.1:

Open dynamic XML PDF in Acrobat or AcroPDF.dll via web browser.

Right Click on any text field. Click into another field without activating any item.

Error is thrown and form closes

Acrobat Professional 8.2.3 (update released June 30, 2010)

Open dynamic XML PDF in Acrobat or AcroPDF.dll via web browser.

Right Click on any text field.

Click Check Spelling - Check Spelling dialog box is opened

Click Done

Error is thrown and form closes

With 8.2.3 the error is also thrown by right clicking a field and click into another field.

This occurs with any dynamic XML PDF file including the Purchase Order sample file included with LiveCycle Designer 8.1 and 8.2 (the Dynamic Interactive form).

The error is:

The instruction at "0x0700609c" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory could not be read

I know this is the same error seen with AcroPDF.dll when closing. Although it's the same error this occurs in Acrobat itself.

This does not occur with Acrobat Professional 9.2, but customer is still on Acrobat Professional 8 at the moment.
Anyone have any solutions / ideas?
Thanks!

9 Replies

Former Community Member

I tried to duplicate your issue using the Purchase Order form and I cannot reproduce. Have you been able to do this on more than one machine?

If it is crashing there is not a lot we can do on this forum. It sounds like it might be environmental...although we do not have enough information to jump to that conclusion yet!

I woudl  report the incident to support as they deal with a lot more of these types of issues than we do here.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks for your reply. We can reproduce it on multiple machines - there aren't any machines that don't throw the error. They are all in the same environment (gov't controlled machines).

Level 1

Thanks again for your response. Also, just to be clear, there are 2 Purchase Order.pdf files in the samples, the one that throws this error is in the Dynamic Interactive folder and not the Interactive folder.

For our purposes, we need the dynamic XML PDF which is the sample in Dynamic Interactive.

Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Designer 8.2\EN\Samples\Forms\Purchase Order\Dynamic Interactive\Forms

Thanks again.

Former Community Member

What OS are you running and what access permissions do you have on the box? Have you tried it on Acro9 as well?

Paul

Former Community Member

Yup ...that is what I used for my tests.

Paul

Level 1

Our permissions on these machines are fairly locked down. We can't install Acro9 on these machine (gov't controlled) but I have tried it on an XP SP2 machine with Acro9 and do not receive the error.

The machines with the errors are all XP SP2.

Former Community Member

Any chance you can test it on a non locked down machine?

Level 1

Some more info on this, the error does not occur when Acrobat is maximized, only when not maximized.

Former Community Member

That is bizarre - I have no idea ......you will have to go through support on this one.

Paul