Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

dynamic tables and conditional page break

Level 2

I have inserted a table in my form and have included an Add New Row button to insert additonal rows.   I want a maximum of 16 rows added with a subtotal field.  I want the table, then to automatically go to a new page with a subtotal field.  At the end of all pages I want to include a total field.   The table goes to the next page after a number of rows are entered, but there is not a break;  the original form continues.  How do conditionally break the page and have a (new) table display in the second page?

Thanks for your help.

19 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you looking for a page total but at the end have all rows (regardless of page added together)?

Paul

Level 2

I have a dynamic table in the form. At the end of page 1 I want a subtotal. Then, I want the user to be able to click on the Add a Row button and go to Page 2. Page 2 would also display the Header and Add a Row button. I tried adding a New Page button and limiting the row count to 16(end of page). However, it does not work. I can a new page that displays the header but will not add rows to the second page.

Thank you for your help.

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 06:58:15 -0600

To: theolar@hotmail.com

Subject: dynamic tables and conditional page break

Are you looking for a page total but at the end have all rows (regardless of page added together)?

Paul

>

Former Community Member

You shoudln't be doing any limiting .....in the Pagination options you can simply continue the table on the next page and you can determine

if you want the Header or Footer to appear etc.

Paul

Level 2

Right. But I want a subtotal on each page of the document. If I don't limit, the table is one continuace document. It totals everything in the table, not just individual pages. So, essentially, I want to restart the table on each page. If I'm making any sense.

Attached is a copy, I've removed the limit and page button.

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:39:46 -0600

You shoudln't be doing any limiting .....in the Pagination options you can simply continue the table on the next page and you can determine

Paul

>

Level 2

To add to my just sent message. I want individual pages with subtotals and a total on the last page.

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:39:46 -0600

Paul

>

Former Community Member

You can accomplish that with a single table and some creative script. I suggest that you get the table worked out and working correctly then we can add in the page totals and final total afterwards. Once the table is ready email the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will put together a sample for you that shows what to do. Please include a description of what you want to do with the email as the mail message and this forum are not tied together. Also if you have a data file  that fills out the table that would be useful as well.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

Thanks for working with me on this. I have sent a copy to the gmail.com address. I'm new to LiveCycle, so please forgive me.

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:18:53 -0600

You can accomplish that with a single table and some creative script. I suggest that you get the table worked out and working correctly then we can add in the page totals and final total afterwards. Once the table is ready email the form to mailto:LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will put together a sample for you that shows what to do. Please include a description of what you want to do with the email as the mail message and this forum are not tied together. Also if you have a data file that fills out the table that would be useful as well.

Paul

>

Former Community Member

Paul, would it be possible you attach the form here?  The rest of us are interested in the solution(s) as well and we could learn that way.  We can't upload it ourselves, you do have that option.

Former Community Member

Assuming pdfross does not mind sharing his/her form than I do not see why not.

Paul

Level 2

I would prefer to have the content of the Register Code column removed. Otherwise, I do not mind sharing it.

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 05:39:26 -0600

Assuming pdfross does not mind sharing his/her form than I do not see why not.

Paul

>

Level 2

Hi Paul,

The Page Total field doesn't work. The Grand Total shows the totals from all pages but Page Total doesn't calculate at all.

Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:01:35 -0600

OK here is the sample that shows how to do it.

Paul

>

Former Community Member

Thats wierd ..it works on my machine. I will reattach in case I put up the wrong version.

Paul

Level 2

The totals disappear when the Add Another Row button is clicked.

Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:15:19 -0600

Thats wierd ..it works on my machine. I will reattach in case I put up the wrong version.

Paul

>

Former Community Member

Thats because the DDList has strings in it. I cannot modify the calc until you choose something from the list. If it was simply a numeric field instead of a list then you woudl not have the issue.

paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

One last question, I am trying to tab between fields, the fields in the header are numbered. I do not want to include them in my tab order. Is there a way to get rid of the numbers or have them ignored?

Thanks

Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:15:19 -0600

Paul

>

Former Community Member

If you make the fields protected then they will not appear in the tabbing order.

Paul

Level 2

Is it possible to protect a header row? If so, how? I don't see an option under the Object tab.

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:12:43 -0600

If you make the fields protected then they will not appear in the tabbing order.

Paul

>

Former Community Member

The fields that are in the individual cells shoudl be "protect-able".

Paul