Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic table grows to 3 pages, preceding section of document moves, appears in middle of table!

Level 2

I have a form with several sections, say (a) 'header', (b) 'instructions', (c) dynamic table.    This works very well in general - as long as the total form fits on 2 pages.

However, if the number of rows in the dynamic table gets too large, and flows to page 3 (or more), then the 'instructions' section moves from being in it's normal order - and shows up inside the table at the top of page 3 (last page)!     i.e., this section shows breaks the flow of the table, inserts a complete section, and then continues with the table!   

Any ideas?    I've tried manually hiding/showing things and other tricks to try to get it to work as it does with a smaller table.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Make sure your subforms/fields have the "Allow page break within content". Otherwise, I think we will have to see the form.  Can you publish a link to it here?

Bruce

Level 2

After mucho effort to reduce the problem, it turned out that I had the misbehaving section "Keep with -previous-" checked.    Not sure what this does really, and it certainly wasn't working correctly - but heck, removing it solved my problem.

I did reproduce the problem to this:

• subform - marked 'Keep with previous"
  • repeating table

That's it.    Once the size of the repeating table goes to page 3, the previous subform jumps to the top of page 3.    Go figure.

(Somewhat humorously, in the linked to file - even the preceding element to the offending subform is also dragged to the top of page 3.)

Clearly shows bug in a minimal form - http://www.radioshowlinks.com/f/cwb/TooSimple-v13.pdf

Thanks again for all your help!!!

p

Level 10

Keep with previous (or next) tries to keep objects together, same idea as paragraph keeps if you've ever used those in a word processor or page layout software.

If there isn't room for both objects things can get weird. Or if things have been moved around the keep settings can get pretty screwy.