Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Page Header and Footer

Level 3

Hi:

At the beginning of my form I have a combo box selection that once a choice has been made, the header and footer on each and every page of my dynamic pdf form needs to be populated with the selected value.  However, I cannot figure out how to get the headers and footers to work right with the field that I need to add to the form for the user to select the value that will be popluated in the header and footer.  I'm not sure how to turn on the header and footer either.... Please help...

Thanks....

3 Replies

Level 10

Place the controls that you want to display on every page inside the Master Page. Then in the exit event of the combobox, assign the value to those controls in the master page.

Check the sample file..

https://acrobat.com/#d=PwlT5XO7JrSn-XWfzdcUOA

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Hi, I have a similar problem. I hope I’m using correct UI terms, since I’m on the German version of LC2 where things sometimes seem a little bit odd in terms of translation:

For the benefits of complete reflowability my entire form is hierarchically within one page while its content (expanding text fields and all) actually spans at least five pages, depending on the amount of text the user enters.

I want text entered by the user into one specific text field to populate the (otherwise read-only) page header as soons as the user leaves the text field.

So far I tried using text fields as well as the text variable “text field” (“Textfeld” in German) and a (hopefully) appropriate action alongside with static text in a text frame on the master page. This at least renders the static text on all pages, even those generated at runtime. The user generated content however appears only on the first PDF page, but not on subsequent pages.

Any idea how I can make text entered by the user at runtime display at the same position on every PDF page, just like static text does?

Thanks a ton.

Wolf

Level 1

Ah well, just found exactly the solution I needed – over here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4184227

Thanks everybody!

Wolf