Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Dynamic Forms and Read Out Loud

Level 10

Hi there,

I am using LiveCycle Designer ES4 with Adobe Acrobat DC on Windows 10.

I'm developing dynamic PDFs and I was able to make my PDF being readable after print / flattening my PDF using Adobe PDF Converter. But, I'm trying to make it readable while filling the PDF. Using Adobe LiveCycle Designer, I modify the information within the Accessibility palette to have Screen Reader Precedence to the appropriate value. Also I have the Form Properties > Save Options > Generate Accessibility Information (Tags) for Acrobat checked "On". But the only objects that are being read by the Reader is signature fields... all other pages have this "Warning - Empty Page".

So I created a new blank file with few objects in it, with the accessibility settings as mentioned above... and still nothing working. Anyone have any insights about this issue?

Dynamic forms don't support Read Out Loud accessibility

I seen this thread saying that dynamic PDF forms can't be read out loud by Acrobat... is this for real? Accessibility is only but useless with dynamic PDF?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I hadn't thought of the read out loud option as being an accessibility feature.  You need some that can work out the structure of the document (the roles assigned to headings), if the fields are mandatory, handle dynamic content, error.

Try NVDA, https://www.nvaccess.org/

Bruce

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

I hadn't thought of the read out loud option as being an accessibility feature.  You need some that can work out the structure of the document (the roles assigned to headings), if the fields are mandatory, handle dynamic content, error.

Try NVDA, https://www.nvaccess.org/

Bruce