Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

dynamic forms and page overflow on 2nd page

Former Community Member

[LC-version8.2/AcrobatPro-9]

Hi,

I've been struggling with this situation (and users start complaining!...)

I have a table which should contain sample codes and descriptions. It's a dynamic table embedded withing a bigger one. People can describe their samples and add a description to hopefully as many samples as they want. I cannot attach a stripped down to minimum form is attached.

The table works well, is dynamic and jumps onto the next page.

But here comes page overflow in two situations. I attached screen copies to illustrate the situation.

If I keep entering samples, it cannot span onto a third page. So the form is often broken.

The second issue is that the form contains a text field for sample "description" which is set to "Expand to fit". It cannot expand up to 2nde page if description is very long or if descriptions take 2 pages and requires a third one.

I'm not a LCD advanced and regular user, so I'm sure I neglected some options. Could you give me some tips or directions to manage this case? I don't know how to make custom breaks (after a certain position or reaching margins??) but do I really need them?

dynamicTable.pageOverflow.on2ndePage.png

dynamicTable.pageOverflow.longDescription.png

dynamicTable.pageOverflow.png

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

stbns

Message was edited by: ^^stbns

I've put the original dynamic form on
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B56ThPyNGHFdUm4yRlZwQjU5bG8/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

0 Replies