Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic Form Data Duplication

Level 1

I'm working on my first dynamic form, and I'm having an issue where my dynamic subforms share the same data, so editing one subform updates all other subforms of the same type. The form is a tshirt order sheet, so, for example, there'll be a line for a specific brand of shirt, plus sizes. When another line is added, it'll duplicate all the info from the first line, and any changes made to the second line will be immediately mirrored in the first line. I have the fields bound to an XML schema I wrote, so I'm not sure if that may be causing the problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You have not included the XML schema. However the issue is that the objects in the repeating row are bound to the schema, if this is absent or if the schema only contains one node, then I am sure that all repeated instances of the row will display the same data.

The issue is where is the data coming from? Is it from a database or is the user entering it. If the user is entering it then I would not bind those fields to a schema. Set the binding to Name/Normal.

Niall

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

The objects in the repeating rows should not have a global binding (see Object > Binding palette), just set the binding to name/normal.

You will then be able to have different data in each row, which is what I think you are after.

If not, come back with more info or share the form.

Niall

Level 1

Whenever I change the object binding away from the XML schema data connection, I get a warning. I've uploaded the file to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8128244/OriginalAdric_DynamicForm.pdf so you can take a look at what I'm doing wrong. I believe I embedded the XML schema into the file, but I'm not sure (really new to working with LiveCycle).

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You have not included the XML schema. However the issue is that the objects in the repeating row are bound to the schema, if this is absent or if the schema only contains one node, then I am sure that all repeated instances of the row will display the same data.

The issue is where is the data coming from? Is it from a database or is the user entering it. If the user is entering it then I would not bind those fields to a schema. Set the binding to Name/Normal.

Niall

Level 1

Thank you, I think that solved my issue. I didn't quite understand how data binding and XML schemas figured into the whole workflow.