Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic field inputs lost when form is emailed

Former Community Member

Hello,

I am relatively new to LiveCycle and have been using it off and on to build a series of forms, learning as I go.  All work is being done in Designer ES.

I have a form built with several dynamic fields (text fields that display contingent upon a radio or dropdown selection, table rows that are added using a button with addInstance, etc).  The form also contains an email submit option which emails the completed form to me (for now), for testing purposes.

I just started testing the form this morning.  Locally it tests fine: fields display when they should, table rows are added with all the cell contents that should be there, everything can be completed.  When I use the email submit button to send it to myself, then view the attachment, all dynamic areas are missing.  They aren't just blank - they don't even appear.  So the "root" yes/no/other dropdown appears, but the textfield tied to "other", which I completed prior to emailing, is not visible once emailed.

Any ideas?

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

First try going to File > Form Properties > Defaults tab.

There set the "Preserve script changes" to automatic:

Preserve script changes.png

This should help.

You may wish to check that each of the objects are set to Name/Normal binding in the Object > Binding palette (global binding will also work, if you want to use thsi for certain fields). I don't think that this is the issue, but have a look anyway.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thank you for the response!  I have been on vacation and did not have a chance to reply sooner.   My scripting option was set to Manual so I changed it to default.  I have checked each of the "missing" objects and they are all bound "Normal."  I have only tested a few pages so far, but the issue seems to be resolved.  Thank you so much for the help!