Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Duplicate Fields

Former Community Member

I actually have two questions, that are related.  I know, that in Adobe Professional, if two fields have the same name, the value entered in one field will automatically populate the second field.  I tried to duplicate that scenario in LiveCycle Designer.  I have two fields named "CustomerName".  They have separate labels, but the same name.  However, when I open the form in Adobe and enter a name in the first CustomerName field, the second one does not populate.  Why doesn't that work?  What can I do to get it to work?

I also have a similar question about the Master Pages.  I set up one master page, so that I can have a header and a footer that are consistent on both pages of the form.  I also placed a form field  here for the order number, with the idea that once the order number was entered on the first master page, it would also appear on the subsequent pages.  However, once again, it didn't work.  When I open the form in Adobe and enter the order number on the first page, it does not populate the second page.  What do I need to do to get that to work?

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

You would name the fields the same and set the "Data Binding" to "Use global data" in the Binding Tab of the Object Pallet. You can place fields named alike anywhere including the MasterPage and they will all show the same value if the Binding is set correctly.

Good luck!

Stephen

Former Community Member

That works perfectly. Thank you very much for the assistance.

Thank you