Expand my Community achievements bar.

dropdown menu and subform

Level 1

Can anyone advise if it is possible to make a subform appear/disappear dependent on a selection in a drop down menu? If so any advice on how to do it?

4 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

If you are talking about drop-down list - yes it is possible. Script example is:

if

(this.rawValue=="show"){

Subform1.presence

= "visible";

}

else

if (this.rawValue=="hide"){

Subform1.presence

= "hidden";

}

else

{

Subform1.presence

= "hidden";

}

show and hide it Drop-down's list values.

Example form attached.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 1

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this but where is the script attached to? The subform or the drop down? And I assume in order to have multiple selections I would need to repeat this script for the various "show" values?

Regards

Barry Ward

Business Development Manager

Address: Eastland House, Westgate, Hunstanton, Norfolk, PE36 5EW

Email: barry.ward@swainstel.co.uk Tel: 0844 257 2800 Fax: 0844 257 2822 Mobile: 0781 050 3377

Web: http://www.swainstel.co.uk

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

This email and its attachments are intended only for the use of the person(s) (“The intended recipients”) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible. The views in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by Swains plc.

Swains plc Registered Office: 11 King Street, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1ET. Registered in England and Wales no. 4327037.

Level 6

Hi,

1) This script attached to Exit event of the Drop-down list.

2) If you will have a lot of Drop-dpwn lists you can repeat this script for each of them or create function to show hide subform.

3) If you will have more "show" cases under your Drop-down list , you will have to add sone new if-conditions.

I sent form to email barry.ward@swainstel.co.uk

BR

Level 1

Thanks for your advice.

It is gratefully received

Regards

Barry Ward

Business Development Manager

Address: Eastland House, Westgate, Hunstanton, Norfolk, PE36 5EW

Email: barry.ward@swainstel.co.uk Tel: 0844 257 2800 Fax: 0844 257 2822 Mobile: 0781 050 3377

Web: http://www.swainstel.co.uk

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

This email and its attachments are intended only for the use of the person(s) (“The intended recipients”) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible. The views in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by Swains plc.

Swains plc Registered Office: 11 King Street, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1ET. Registered in England and Wales no. 4327037.