Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Dropdown Issues-Tabbing/Typing Can't Select (By Typing) 1st Value, Background Fill

Level 1

Couple of problems.  First, I have a dropdown that is sitting on top of a dark image.  Because of this, when a value is selected from the drop down, I need that chosen value to be white or something that will offset the dark background.  However, if I change the background fill to white or change the appearance/underscoring to white, this has an adverse side effect.  The values inside the dropdown also turn to white while the box itself is white.  So you can't see the list values (white values against a white box background).  So what am I doing wrong here?

Second, when the user tabs into a drop down field, they can't type the first value.  They just get a tone as if the value is invalid.  For instance, if my box has values 1,2,3,4,5...10,11,12,,,20,21,22... and so on, they can't type 1 if they want 1 or type 1 in order to be able to then cycle through 1,11,12,13,14...  They can type 2 then type 1 which allows them to cycle through all the 1s by retyping 1 over and over again which is the normal behavior of a drop down box.  What is happening here and how do I correct this?

MJS

0 Replies