Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Drop Down List with prices

Former Community Member

Hi All

Is it possible to have five individual prices aligned to five drop down selections eg

Choice1 to equal  $49.95

Choice2 "    "       $15.95

Choice3 "    "       $14.95

Choice4 "    "       $13.95

Choice5 "    "       $19.95

So that when each choice is selected the relevent price is displayed and these selections are calculated into the amount field once the quantities are filled in.

If so, could someone help me please.

I have started the first row of fields with no success

I tried to upload the form but it just sat in Queued

Message was edited by: ddownunder

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Examples work best for me so that why I'm alway saving the sample files and template posted here and other places.  So here's an expense report that I believe does exactly what you are asking for.  Check the script underneath, I've copied part of it here, and I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.  In this case the Travel Location is the drop down field.

----- F.P1.TravelLocR1_0::exit - (JavaScript, client) ----------------------------------------------

comment();

//reference to the form fields

var noMiles = this.getField("NoMilesR1")

//is the export value a keyword?

if (event.changeEx in gLocationMiles)

noMiles.value = gLocationMiles[event.changeEx]

----- F.P1.TravelLocR1_0::change - (JavaScript, client) --------------------------------------------

comment();

Totals each line

----- F.P1.TotalLineR1::calculate - (JavaScript, client) -------------------------------------------

this.rawValue = xfa.form.F.P1.MileageAmtR1.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.hiddenSubtotalR1.rawValue;

Then there is a Total field at the bottom of the table

----- F.P1.TotalOfSubtotals::calculate - (JavaScript, client) --------------------------------------

this.rawValue = xfa.form.F.P1.TotAirCash.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotCarRental.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotCellPhone.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotCoCar.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotEmpMeals.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotLodging.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotMilAmt.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotPostage.rawValue;

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Examples work best for me so that why I'm alway saving the sample files and template posted here and other places.  So here's an expense report that I believe does exactly what you are asking for.  Check the script underneath, I've copied part of it here, and I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.  In this case the Travel Location is the drop down field.

----- F.P1.TravelLocR1_0::exit - (JavaScript, client) ----------------------------------------------

comment();

----- F.P1.TravelLocR1_0::change - (JavaScript, client) --------------------------------------------

comment();

Totals each line

----- F.P1.TotalLineR1::calculate - (JavaScript, client) -------------------------------------------

this.rawValue = xfa.form.F.P1.MileageAmtR1.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.hiddenSubtotalR1.rawValue;

Then there is a Total field at the bottom of the table

----- F.P1.TotalOfSubtotals::calculate - (JavaScript, client) --------------------------------------

this.rawValue = xfa.form.F.P1.TotAirCash.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotCarRental.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotCellPhone.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotCoCar.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotEmpMeals.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotLodging.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotMilAmt.rawValue + xfa.form.F.P1.TotPostage.rawValue;

Former Community Member

Hi HarrisFR

I have found exactly what I need it was under my nose all the time, once again thanks for your help.

All the best

ddownunder