Expand my Community achievements bar.

drop down box change functionlity

Level 2

Creating document that will need different signatures required depending on which type is selected in drop down box. I want to have the drop down box change which signature boxes are checked to eliminate human error and improve efficiency. I was figured that I would use the change java but looking for some code help please post if you guys have any ideas thanks all.

Shawn

3 Replies

Former Community Member

In Check Box 1 in the JavaScript Change Event, add this script:  (make sure signature field 1 & 2 presence is set to hidden)

if (this.rawValue==1)

{SignatureField1.presence="visible";}

else

{SignatureField1.presence="hidden";}

In Check Box 2 - JavaScript Change event

if (this.rawValue==1)

{SignatureField2.presence="visible";}

else

{SignatureField2.presence="hidden";}

I would also copy the code in the change event and add it to the inialized event for each check box, that way when the form is saved the field that was made visible will display when the form is reopened.

Level 2

I need the signature fields to be static and check boxes next to them to be altered from code due to the fact that after printing form they might have to check another signature manually with pen.

Best Regards,

Shawn Vander Mause

Technical Services Engineer

Global Customer Support

CareFusion

1850 Deming Way

Middleton, WI 53562

PH: 608-829-8756

Fax: 608-829-8695

Email: shawn.vandermause@carefusion.com<mailto:shawn.vandermause@cardinalhealth.com>

Fusing technology and intelligence to improve patient care

Former Community Member

So you need the printed signature field, not the digital signature, right?  To help me figure out what you are wanting, it might help if you send me the form at eve.tracy@gmail.com.