Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Drag and Drop Values

Former Community Member

Hi - is it possible to drag and drop values from one object to another?

I'm trying to create a two page degree planner for college students at my institution.  The first page will have the degree requirements. The second page will be a blank template for planning the courses over multiple semesters... like a large grid. See below:

Page One

Requirements
CourseDone?

English 1

English 2
Math 1
Math 2

Page Two

Fall 2009Spring 2010

I'd like students to be able to click on a course and drag it to the semester they want to take it.

Are there other ways of accomplishing this? Could I set up some logic on the first page to determine what requirements are remaining... then have an army of drop down lists on the second page containing values of the remaining requirements?

Thanks

3 Replies

Former Community Member

No, it is not possible to drag-and-drop in a PDF form.

The model is suited to a question-and-answer format whereby you use checkboxes, radio buttons, drop-down lists, etcetera for data capture. In your case you could do data capture on page one and bind the responses to the schedule on page two.

Steve

Former Community Member

Thanks Steve. I'll play around with it more and see what I can come up with.

I think I'll try assigning a value to each class, output the unsatisfied courses to a text field using the FormCalc concat function, and have the user copy/paste each course from the text field into whatever semester they want.

Any other feedback or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Here's one form I made so far... it's been a great hit.

http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwsoc/docs/SOC/FORM_undergrad_degree_planner.pdf (very proud of my custom email form message)

Level 4

Page One

Requirements
CourseDone?

English 1

English 2
Math 1
Math 2

You could even make more with this. If you make instead of the "Done" Fields to checkboxes/dropdownlists/radio buttons, like Steve suggested, you can populate the boxes on the next page with the text you want. If you want I can write you some script that would do the job.

At your place I'd take 3 checkboxes, one "Done" one "planned 1. semester" and one "planned 2. semester". I'll have a look at your form today evening.