Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Does upgrade to commercial account affect available applications

Former Community Member

Hi,

Before upgrading to the commercial account, wanted to verify that my current application / rooms won't be affected.

Tried to search the forum and FAQs but didn't find any information on this.

Is this really the case and all rooms will be kept as is ?

Thanks,

Eyal

23 Replies

Employee

Yes, nothing will happen to your existing room. They'll belong to a "default" application that uses the free quota.

In order to increase your quota (and pay for it) you'll have to create a new application and add new rooms to it.

From: Adobe Forums <forums@adobe.com<mailto:forums@adobe.com>>

Reply-To: "jive-58151844-2hf2-2-2gb5d@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-58151844-2hf2-2-2gb5d@mail.forums.adobe.com>" <jive-58151844-2hf2-2-2gb5d@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-58151844-2hf2-2-2gb5d@mail.forums.adobe.com>>

Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 08:46:37 -0800

To: Raffaele Sena <rsena@adobe.com<mailto:rsena@adobe.com>>

Subject: Does upgrade to commercial account affect available applications

Does upgrade to commercial account affect available applications

created by eyale-vc<http://forums.adobe.com/people/eyale-vc> in Adobe LiveCycle Collaboration Service - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4120177#4120177

Former Community Member

Hi,

We have already created another application and have rooms we would like to keep.

I thought that it is possible to change the quota of existing applications.

just to make sure, the only way to make a commerical application is to create it after the initial subscription fee had been placed ?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,

Eyal

Level 3

Hi Eyal,

Yes, you can manually edit an existing free application and make it paid with a specified quota limit.  If you do nothing, that application will remain free after you upgrade to a commercial account.

-Jamie

Former Community Member

Hi,

will it affect any of the available rooms in that application ?

Thanks,

Eyal.

Level 3

If you upgrade an application from free to paid, the next time you launch any room in that application, it will start accumulating paid usage up to the quota limit you set.  If the room is already launched during the upgrade process, I believe it will still accumulate free usage until it shuts down.

-Jamie

Former Community Member

Hi,

We have upgraded our account and one of our applications.

after doing so, as expected, the limit on the application changed from FREE to the amount we set.

But, all the rooms attached to that application had disappeared from the console.

using the same code in our product, new rooms are created but still don't appear under the console.

The rooms seems to function and we also tested old rooms and they are active and contain the history.

It is important to us to keep the old rooms and not delete them.

Please advice.

let us know what additional info is required from us to understand this better (is there a way we can provide the details in a more private way ?  like opening a support ticket? )

Thanks,

Eyal.

Former Community Member

Hi,

any news regarding this ?

We currently don't have a way to see the available rooms

Thanks,

Eyal.

Level 3

Hi Eyal,

Please send email to lccs@adobe.com and provide some more details.  We will need your account name to investigate.  I've never seen rooms disappear from an application before.  By console, do you mean the developer console AIR app or the developer portal web application?  Do the rooms disappear from both?

Thanks,

Jamie

Level 3

Hi Eyal,

I have found the root cause.  Our API to list the rooms in your account has a default limit of 1000.  Your rooms do exist.  They are just not shown in the portal and console because of this limit.  We will file a bug.

Thanks,

Jamie

Employee

Also, if you are creating and managing thousand of rooms in your account you shouldn’t expect to be able to use the DeveloperPortal as your "source of record".

You should probably keep a list of valid rooms in your application server database and managed them from your application.

From: Adobe Forums <forums@adobe.com<mailto:forums@adobe.com>>

Reply-To: "jive-95799317-2hf2-2-2h5wo@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-95799317-2hf2-2-2h5wo@mail.forums.adobe.com>" <jive-95799317-2hf2-2-2h5wo@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-95799317-2hf2-2-2h5wo@mail.forums.adobe.com>>

Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:31:36 -0800

To: Raffaele Sena <rsena@adobe.com<mailto:rsena@adobe.com>>

Subject: Does upgrade to commercial account affect available applications

Re: Does upgrade to commercial account affect available applications

created by Jamie Ho<http://forums.adobe.com/people/jamieqho> in Adobe LiveCycle Collaboration Service - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4160040#4160040

Former Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

We don't use the developer console for the source of record but in case we would like to look a specific room, how can we do that ?

Also, the reason we mentioned the problem is that all the rooms disappear as soon as we upgraded to commercial .

It worked ok before that and it was very strange it suddently disappeared - can it be that there is another issue with displaying the rooms which isn't related to the 1000 limit ?

Does this limit means that no rooms are dispalyed or only the first 1000 ?

We wanted to be sure there isn't a problem with our rooms .

And one more question.

We have another issue with video getting stuck, we would like to provide you details about it but would like to send them in a more private way.

Is there a way to open a support ticket or should another thing be used?

Thanks,

Eyal.

Level 3

Hi Eyal,

We have an API to look for a specific room, but only it only works if the room is currently active:

RoomInfo com.adobe.rtc.account.AccountManager.getRoomInfo(String room)

As Raff recommended, you could keep track of all the rooms you created in your own system and look there.

The 1000 room limit has always been there and upgrading should not make a difference.  The limit means only the first 1000 rooms are displayed and I do see 1000 rooms for your account, all shown in the default application.  Maybe you had less rooms in the default application before and recently added more?

You could create a new forum thread for your video problem and email private details to lccs@adobe.com.  We would then investigate and open a bug if necessary.

Thanks,

Jamie

Level 2

hi,

can somebody tell me how acount is updated and from where i can update my account to commercial use ?

My free quata is about to end and i can't afford to loose the data because of this.

Need urgent help !

thanks,

vishal sood

Level 3

Hi Vishal,

Once you log into the LCCS developer portal, there should be a banner in the lower right corner saying "upgrade for more capacity".  Click on that banner to upgrade your account.

If you don't see that banner, let us know which country you are from.  I recently helped someone who was from a country where an upgrade could not happen from the developer portal.  I gave him some phone numbers to call and he was able to upgrade.

-Jamie

Former Community Member

Hi,

Just to clarify, we don't see any room in the console.

you specified that there is a 1000 limit but i think it is something different in this case.

let me know if you require additional info

Thanks,

Eyal.

Former Community Member

Hi Eyal,

Have you checked the Room Console air app? It's available off of our SDK Navigator (under Developer tools).

Do you see your rooms there?

Thanks,

Julien

LCCS Quality Engineering

Former Community Member

Hi Eyal,

For some reason i thought you were talking about the developer portal but Jamie pointed out that most likely you were talking about the Room Console not displaying your rooms.

In any case, Jamie verified that he can see your rooms in the developer portal. The next step will be to check the room console for you.

As he is busy with some other tasks right now, he might not get to it until tomorrow.

Stay tuned for an update from Jamie by the end of day tomorrow.

Thanks,

Julien

LCCS Quality Engineering

Level 2

hi Jamie,

i am really glad to hear this, someone from adobe come up with solution.

i have almost spend 1 month to get the answer from where i can buy the lccs screen sharing account.

i am from India and i don't see any update link in developer portal.

thank you so much in advance !

thanks,

vishal sood

Level 3

Hi Vishal,

Someone from Turkey had the exact same issue.  He ended up calling a reseller within his country who helped him get an commercial account.  Please try finding one in India:

http://resellers.adobe.com/cgi-bin/user.cgi?country=in&countrycode=in

If lccs is not available from these reseller websites, try calling them.  Tell them the product SKU is 9953834.

Thanks,

Jamie

Level 3

Hi Eyal,

I launched the developer console and checked your account.  The console does display 1000 rooms within your default application (eng50, eng51, eng58, ..., engagement1026-20110721184231).  The problem is that our UI displays only a total of 1000 rooms so we don't display any rooms from your VcitaTemplate.  I suspect that we used to display rooms from your VcitaTemplate application but the number of rooms in your default application increased past 1000.  I don't think this problem has anything to do with upgrading.  It's just a problem in our UI.

Thanks,

Jamie