Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Does "inactive" presence work in Reader x?

Level 3

I have a four page form developed in Designer.  The last two pages are not visible unless a box is checked.  If the last two pages are needed however, there are mandatory fields that must be filled out.  It is my understanding that making the last two pages "inactive" as opposed to invisible will disable any calculations, including mandatory fields.

When someone attempts to fill out this form (using Reader x), and they do not check the box (so the last two pages stay inactive) and then hit the submit button to email the form in .pdf format, they get an error message that the mandatory fields have not been filled in.  I do not get this message when I fill out the form in Acrobat 9.

I am having a hard time finding any help on the inactive presence.  Hope you can shed some light on this.  Thanks.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Which version are they using .....older versions did not have the inactive presence available.

Paul

Level 3

Form users are working in Reader x (ten).  I was getting a different error message when they were using the older version of reader, so I had them update.  Now, when they hit the submit button, users are getting a message that all mandatory fields have not been filled out.  The user should not get this message if the subform with the mandatory field is still inactive.  Any solutions?