Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Does LiveCycle Designer include Paper Forms Barcode

Level 1

I received this tip below but I thought Designer included Paper Forms Barcode. Can anyone give me definite answer. I am having trouble finding. I have ES4

The Paper Forms Barcode object encodes data that users type into a fillable PDF form. Use of this object for paper forms processing requires Adobe LiveCycle Barcoded Forms, available with a separate license.

Thank you

3 Replies

Level 7

You can create forms with Paper Forms Barcodes using Designer. However, they can only be viewed using the Acrobat Standard or Professional, unless Reader Extensions are enabled. This situation may be evolving, as usage right signatures are deprecated in PDF 2.0.

Level 1

Could you provide a link how to enable Reade Extensions in Designer?

Thank you

Employee

You cannot enable Reader Extensions from LiveCycle or AEM Forms Designer directly. You can add a limited set of Reader Extensions to the PDF if you have Acrobat Professional. For the full set of Reader Extension rights, you need the AEM Forms Reader Extensions Service, and 2D barcode is a right the server service can provide. PLease see the documentation at [1].

[1] Adobe Experience Manager Help | Overview of AEM Document Services

See :"Reader Extension Service"