Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does Livecycle Designer 9.0 support .EPS ?

Level 2

Hi,

I'm using Livecycle Designer 9.0. I have got Logos in .EPS format. I'm not able to use them in the Designer. I'm getting the error "The file <file name>.eps could not be opened - that file type is not supported. Open/Import Canceled." But in the Designer documentation I read that designer supports .EPS, then why I'm not able to use them?

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

the range of EPS formats is wide, so it's possibly a compatibility issue.

I was able to import several EPS into an image (not image field) in Designer 9 without any problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

the range of EPS formats is wide, so it's possibly a compatibility issue.

I was able to import several EPS into an image (not image field) in Designer 9 without any problem.

Level 2

Thanks. I would drag and drop .EPS images initially (we could with jpeg, tiff images). But I tried now as you suggested, by importing .EPS image into an image field. And I was able to get it.:-)

Level 10

I find the eps support in Designer to be flaky - the images always look jaggy like it's only using the preview.

I stick with tiff, jpeg or png but I have seen some weirdness to do with colour spaces like cmyk in jpeg. Designer seems to prefer RGB overall.

Level 10

Correct, Designer only handles RGB colors.

For consitent colors the used images should be in 8 bit with sRGB colors.

For company logos I mostly use custom fonts (similar as dingbats), which provide me the best way for pin sharp images.