Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Does it mandatory to create/use the Master page or its upto me (developer)?

Level 4

Hello

I am developing a form (not interactive form), where in i am placing bunch of tables (with the approach of SUBFORMs), and these tables are dynamic, i mean, the tables are feeding from a backend/ERP/SAP, hence # of rows are dynamic (but # of columns are fixed)

Hence i want to set FLOWED for all subforms, pages, bcz i have tables on 1st page, 2nd page.

Bcz i want to put mY_cmpany_logo on each & every single page, anyways only 2 pages

Pls. suggest me in this case (above said scenario), is mandatory rule to create / use a master page

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

XFA forms (dynamic or static) always have at least one master page, because it contains the content area(s).

As master pages are used like "wallpapers" they are good for elements you need to repeat on every form page. Think of headers or footer or simly a company logo.

Anyway, you don't have to place anything on a master page if you don't want to.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

XFA forms (dynamic or static) always have at least one master page, because it contains the content area(s).

As master pages are used like "wallpapers" they are good for elements you need to repeat on every form page. Think of headers or footer or simly a company logo.

Anyway, you don't have to place anything on a master page if you don't want to.