Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Does Designer (ES2 or ES4) ever work in Windows 8 (or 8.1 to be exact)? For instance, I get an APPCRASH when attempting to do just about anything in Designer ES2 that came with Acrobat X, and it always points to MSVCR80.dll as the fault. I have uninstal

Level 1

Does Designer (ES2 or ES4) ever work in Windows 8 (or 8.1 to be exact)?  For instance, I get an APPCRASH when attempting to do just about anything in Designer ES2 that came with Acrobat X, and it always points to MSVCR80.dll as the fault.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled every related app and redistrutable dozens of times, nothing helping.

I really would like to use LiveCycle Designer within my company, I used to use it when it worked in XP and Windows 7.  But with our whole company on Windows 8 or higher, I can't move forward with this project now.  If Designer works for anyone on Windows 8 or 8.1, please let me know how you installed it?  Was it through the LiveCycle suite?  Was it the Designer that came with Acrobat?

I would love to solve my issue with Designer ES2 that came with Acrobat, because all I truly need is Designer.  If I have to get it from somewhere else versus waste anymore time trouble shooting, then so be it.  I just want to know before I head down that path as well!

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies