Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Does Designer (ES2 or ES4) ever work in Windows 8 (or 8.1 to be exact)? For instance, I get an APPCRASH when attempting to do just about anything in Designer ES2 that came with Acrobat X, and it always points to MSVCR80.dll as the fault. I have uninstal

dejota22
Level 1
Level 1

Does Designer (ES2 or ES4) ever work in Windows 8 (or 8.1 to be exact)?  For instance, I get an APPCRASH when attempting to do just about anything in Designer ES2 that came with Acrobat X, and it always points to MSVCR80.dll as the fault.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled every related app and redistrutable dozens of times, nothing helping.

I really would like to use LiveCycle Designer within my company, I used to use it when it worked in XP and Windows 7.  But with our whole company on Windows 8 or higher, I can't move forward with this project now.  If Designer works for anyone on Windows 8 or 8.1, please let me know how you installed it?  Was it through the LiveCycle suite?  Was it the Designer that came with Acrobat?

I would love to solve my issue with Designer ES2 that came with Acrobat, because all I truly need is Designer.  If I have to get it from somewhere else versus waste anymore time trouble shooting, then so be it.  I just want to know before I head down that path as well!

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies