Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Does Acrobat.com charge for hosting an AFCS application?

Level 1

If I build a Flash Collaboration Service application and deploy it, at what point (if ever) will Adobe charge for hosting the service on Acrobat.com? Will it require users of the application to create an Acrobat.com account? Will users then have to (possibly) pay for an Acrobat.com account? I can't seem to find any information about this aspect of AFCS.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi There,

We will start charging for hosting the service pretty shortly, although there will always be a free level of usage - for people who need more capacity, they'll be able to upgrade to a paid account.

We definitely don't require users of apps to get an Acrobat.com account - you can read the Developer Guide PDF, section 6.4, included in the SDK Navigator (see the "Documentation" tab) - for more details. This way, you can authenticate users against your own backend systems.

If at some point you need to start paying for using the service (say, you get a ton of users), you'll probably need to upgrade your account, and pass on the costs to your users in some way.

hope that helps,

nigel

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi There,

We will start charging for hosting the service pretty shortly, although there will always be a free level of usage - for people who need more capacity, they'll be able to upgrade to a paid account.

We definitely don't require users of apps to get an Acrobat.com account - you can read the Developer Guide PDF, section 6.4, included in the SDK Navigator (see the "Documentation" tab) - for more details. This way, you can authenticate users against your own backend systems.

If at some point you need to start paying for using the service (say, you get a ton of users), you'll probably need to upgrade your account, and pass on the costs to your users in some way.

hope that helps,

nigel

Level 1

Thanks, Nigel. This answers all my questions.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----