Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Document Restrictions

Level 1

I created a document using Live Cycle Designer ES 8.2 and when I save it to a pdf form there are certain restrictions that I can't figure out.

Changing The Document: Not Allowed

Document Assembly: Not Allowed

I am opening the pdf using Acrobat Pro 9 Extended...why am I not able to extract, delete, insert pages?

In LiveCylcle under PDF Security it says "Changes Allowed: Any Exccept Extracting Pages." That would lead me to believe that when it is saved as a pdf I should be able to edit the document, with the exception of extracting pages. What I am really looking to do is delete the last page of a 12 page document that I created. How do I go about this?

Thanks,

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

When you create a XFA form in LC, it is put in a "wrapper" (how it was explained to me) so that Acrobat can open it.

XFA (LC) forms and AcroForms (Acrobat) are completely different animal. Even the javascript is different. You cannot edit a XFA form in Acrobat. If you want to delete page 12, you will need to do it in LC.

Good luck,

N.

Level 1

Yea I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the feedback.