Expand my Community achievements bar.

Document.passivate() giving problem in the server environment

Level 2

I am having two J2EE web applications accessing PDF forms using LiveCycle API. They both are invoking a short-lived process with RenderPDFForm service that takes form and formdata and renders a PDF form. The code where these applications communicate with Livecycle server is same for both the apps. The applications work fine in the local environment. But in the server environment, one of them work and the other fails with security certificate exception. These applications are deployed to the same server. The application that fails is failing during document.passivate() call. Here is the log message.

com.adobe.idp.DocumentError: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate expired at Wed Jul 01 15:28:21 CDT 2009; internal cause is:

java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Wed Jul 01 15:28:21 CDT 2009

at com.adobe.idp.Document.passivateInitData(Document.java:1562)

at com.adobe.idp.Document.passivate(Document.java:1241)

at com.adobe.idp.Document.passivate(Document.java:1185)

at com.adobe.idp.DocumentManagerClient.passivate(DocumentManagerClient.java:236)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.RequestOutputStream.defaultPassivate(RequestOutputStream.java:40)

at com.adobe.idp.DocumentRequestOutputStream.passivate(DocumentRequestOutputStream.java:56)

at com.adobe.idp.Document.writeObject(Document.java:872)

I know it looks like a security certificate exception. But the rest of the application work just fine. The application fails only during document.passivate().

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Jytohi

0 Replies