Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Document not saving data

Former Community Member

Hi,

as I already mentioned here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/432254?tstart=0

I hope somebody here will know. The form is not saving it´s data  in the process. I fill the form in the Assign task in the Workspace, but after submitting it, it´s empty.

I am exporting the log, but the (correct from the schema) xml is empty (no data). Data connection is ok.

Thanks for ANYsuggestions.

Lukas

6 Replies

Level 10

What are you submitting when you hit the submit button (XML, XDP or PDF)?

What variables and varibale types are you using on the Form Data Mapping of your user step?

I'm sure the data is in there. You just don't get to it properly.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

I am submitting PDF. For Form data mappings I am using ´Document´ variable. For the input as for the output.

I am saving the pdf on the disc and it´s also empty.

Lukas

Level 10

Can you try to use a Document Form variable instead of a document variable.

You can set the @document attribute  of the Document Form with your PDF using the following xPath /process_data/myDocForm/object/document = yourdocvar.

Then use that Document Form varibale for you input and ouput data mapping.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

I did already before, I am getting 007-040 error while opening. I guess there´s problem with render I am using - I have to input data for the doc, probly...

Level 10

What error do you get in the application server log file?

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Solved, it was problem of processing fields. Form was not saving data about the location, process id etc.

Anyway thanks!

Ufff....

Lukas