Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do Workspace ES PDF Forms need to be extended?

Former Community Member

Hello experts,

I have a pressing question for you all.

We have Adobe LiveCycle ES installed and have developed some processes. But we are facing some problems lately with our PDF with WDSL call embedded in. The problem is that the web service button does work after you click it. So I was wondering whether the form needs extension or not?

If it does not what can we do to make it work with Adobe reader X?

Thank you.

5 Replies

Level 4

The use of web services within a form, processed by Reader, must be reader-extended.  Workspace does not have any special way to grant rights to reader-based forms within its display.

If it worked with Acrobat and does not with Reader, you have your smoking gun. And the theory of Reader Extensions confirms it.

Former Community Member

Thank you Chuck for your reply.

Now the interesting part of my issue is that on one PC the Form works fine in the Workspace environment, but on most of the computers it does not. I wonder how to set the environment so that the form can work on the other computers? All the computers do have the same version of browser IE8 and Firefox 4.0.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Level 3

If the same form is working fine on 1 machine and not others, its a good chance that you have acrobat installed on that particular machine whereas the other machines have reader.... So you will have to reader extend the form.

Former Community Member

You can extend the form in process. In AssigTask --> Presentation and Data --> Action Profile (click the icon)

Former Community Member

Another option would be to execute the web service call on the server

and this would not require you to reader extend

your PDF's