Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dividing Total

Level 4

Can someone assist me with the following. Depending on the group that is selected (Principal, Teacher or Student) in the top table (Jan) the total would calculate splitting the groups out as shown in the bottom table.

There are 6 columns in the first (Jan) table

Container Red     Yellow Blue     Group     Total

Under each of the colors a number value is input, these fields names are Red1 through Red17 and the same for Yellow and Blue. Then under Group are Drop Down fields with three choices (Principal, Teacher and Student) the field names are Group1 through Group 17. The Total column is the the sum of the colors across and the field names are Total1 through Total 17.

There are 5 columns in the second table

Month Principal     Teacher Student     Total

The field names are PrincipalJan through PrinciaplDec and the same is true for Teacher and Student. What I would like to happen is once the Jan table is complete the second table would separate the totals for each group (Principal, Teacher, Student) If you can see the image below I manually put the numbers in under the Principal, Teacher, and Student columns.

Thanks for your assistance

Fundraiser Count v1.jpg

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

You would need a loop in the calculate event of each of the three groups in table 2 (Principal, Teacher and Student).

The loop would look at each row in table 1 and if the Group is Principal it would add the total for that row to the Principla total in table 2.

Have a look at this example: http://assure.ly/haaOfc.

Hope that helps,

Niall