Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Distributed form submitted multiple times overwrites existing data

Former Community Member

I have a bit of a tricky question - and I know some principals will challenge a few people. So first, a little background.

I'm in a situation where my teams and I work in very remote places. there is no internet, or mobile reception, or satellite, etc. Thus, I'm looking at the offline process for form submission. Form is built in LiveCycle ES2, distributed via email to users. User submits form, form goes to email outbox, sits there until return to camp repeater station, satellite dish, or other, and is then sent. Email is received in to a central address, form is opened, the form is pointed to the correct response file. I am quite deliberately trying to avoid setting up a database as our network security at the office will not allow talking from an external device. Getting a port opened through the network security layers is also not an option.

What I am having trouble with is that if I distribute a form, and a user replies the response comes in for the first reply and is added to the response files successfully. If the user sends the same form back a second time (lets say this is a daily report, for arguments sake, so every day each user will submit the same copy of the same form with the days activities), the first response from that user is overwritten. Each form coming in should be delivered to a new line in the response file.

How do I remedy this?

All help appreciated,

Thank you!

0 Replies