Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Disable the validation message

Former Community Member

Hi,

How to disable the validation message "<fieldname> cannot be blank"? But when Submit button is clicked, it should still display the standard validation message "At least one required field was empty". Many thanks in advance.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Try unticking the Validation messages in the Object > Value palette and clearing any Validation Patterns:

Parallels Desktop1.png

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi Niall,

Thanks for your quick response. Tried this option but still get the message.

Level 10

Hi,

Is the Empty Message area blank/null? See previous screenshot.

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi Niall,

The Empty Message is blank. Also the message is displayed for fields that are set as mandatory dynamically. There is no Empty Message box for those fields

Former Community Member

Hi Niall,

The Form Validation option in Form Properties does the trick but the submit button does not show the message "At least one required field was empty" instead shows the message "Submit cancelled". Moreover the option can be used only for version 9.1 and higher.

Level 10

Hi,

Better validation handling was introduced in XFA Spec 3.1 (I think); however it used two new events: validationState and cancelAction. These are only supported in Acrobat/Reader 9.1 and above.

If you do a search on this forum for validationState you will find a few threads. In addition I have a few examples on our site.

Niall