Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Disable Script Error window

Level 3

I have a formCalc scripts referencing in a subform instance that's set at zero and remains "hidden" on initial opening of the file.

Script debugger windows kicks in when the file is open saying there's an error cause there's not instance of it yet...

Can I disable the script debugger window?

Thanks in advanace!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Ah that makes sense now. The only suggestion would be to re-write it as a JavaScript

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 7

can you upload a screen shot of the error message?

Level 3

ScreenCap.pngHere's a screen cap.
I understand the error...

but... I through it would be

easier to just hide the error window.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Ah that makes sense now. The only suggestion would be to re-write it as a JavaScript

Level 3

Having it be in JavaScript would be better than in FormCalc?

I guess the question would be, why would FormCalc trigger an error/alert message?

Level 7

Designer tries to process the FormCalc. There may be a way to bypass the error but I am not sure how. It will basically ignore the JS error and continue to work.

Level 3

I guess it's reasonable to say Designer just process FormCalc differently than JavaScript.. which leads to limitations.

With that said, does anyone know a good place to learn a crash course on how to write up a sum script in JS.

Sounds like I need to know Var and ++i++ and real programing stuff.

All I need is two examples.

Field A needs to add up table column values from fields "aa" and "bb"

Field B just needs to add up table column values from "cc"

Level 7

I can help you get it converted from FormCalc to JS. Can you send me an email at mousland@gmail.com and I will be able to help you.

Level 1

Hey shawnFMU​, Here is the code to do a simple sum of table column values: (you will need to change the path)

[Calculate Event]

$.rawValue = Sum(FORM.Page1.Body.PaymentTable.MultiPaymentRow[*].AmountPaid);

Here is the code to sum multiple fields:

[Calculate Event]

$.rawValue = InitialAmount.Totalprice - PaymentTable.Footer.AmountPaidTotal;//You can also use '+'

Both are form calc, put the code on the calculate event for the object that you want to set.

Hope that helps.