Expand my Community achievements bar.

Disable Mouse scroll

Level 2

Hi,

I used a snazzy bit of kit to disable pdf scroll bar called pdf layout - that's great because i want to force users of the form to navigate via buttons i have on my pages designed in livecycle.

Trouble is, you can still navigate down using the mouse wheel!

I have searched for some javascript and found this, but this does not seem to work.

<script type="text/javascript">
function stop()
{
return false;
}
document.onmousewheel=stop;
</script>

Anyone with an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I haven't come across onmousewheel as a property that is accessible in LC Designer.

However why don't you hide the pages and have the buttons change the presence property of the next/previous page.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Thanks Niall,

That's a work around I've been trying to do this morning as seems to be easiest solution, but when I change next page to visible in my button, then  add next action on button to either "next page" or the next page number, livecycle goes to the page after the one I have just made visible.

Level 10

Hi,

Page numbers are zero-based, the first page is "0", etc.

Niall

Level 2

haha

Thanks Niall, what a twonk i am - sorted and very very much appreciated!!!!! My PC was about to go out the window so that's one saved PC

For your info, the s/w I downloaded was fom http://www.bureausoft.com/ ;

Very handy being able to disable scroll bar, reasonably priced and u get a 14 day free trial

I'm off to Arsenal 2night, and was about to cancel as have to get thsi done for tomoz,  so again, thanks, very very much appreciated

Level 2

thanks Mark, not quite the answer - but enabled me to find another work around. Much appreciated

Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem. I've hidden the scroll bar on my PDF with that software, but I have no experience in using Live Cycle and don't know how to hide the pages or "have the buttons change the presence property of the next/previous page". Please help, I need this for work.