Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Digital Signature erases form field data

Level 1

Hello, I have created a form in LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 using FormCalc that has multiple digital signature fields. I successfully set up object collections to lock only certain fields with each signature. The issue I am having is that the data entered into the fields before the document is digitally sign gets erased. Upon the save after the digital signature I can still see the data, but if I close the file and reopen it, the data is gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been struggling with this issue for a few days.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I don't see any reason why a signature field would cause a deletion of data. Have you checked, that the field in question has a data binding? If not the entered values won't get saved into the form.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I don't see any reason why a signature field would cause a deletion of data. Have you checked, that the field in question has a data binding? If not the entered values won't get saved into the form.

Level 1
One more question, how can I get radio buttons to lock like the other fields when the form is digitally signed? I verified the radio button is part of the collection but it remains accessible.

Employee
I only have Designer 9.0 here but I was able to lock 2 radio buttons and a text field in a collection. You should not put a new question inside a comment for an answer of another question - this is not very visible and reduces your chances for a response.