Expand my Community achievements bar.

Digital signature and input fields issue

Level 2

Hello,

I guess that I found some kind of BUG in forms. If you have a form with two text input fields, one as ID ot the field which is computed, read only (user can not change it) and regular value input text field, and digital signature field at the bottom.

Once you sign the form, you can select on the signature field, what gets locked after signing. If I choose both text fields, they look like a label on the PDF after signing.

What concerns me is once you remove the digital signature, the ID text field becomes edditable by the user, which is a bug in my opinion.

Thanks for any suggestions.

J

1 Reply

Former Community Member

I tried this and could not duplicate the behaviour that you reported.

I created a form with two fields and a signature field.  The first field I set to "Calculated - Read Only", with the following script on the "Initialize" event,

this.rawValue = "1234";

I created a field collection that included the calculated field and associated it with the signature field. I opened the form, the calculated value appears and is read-only, I filled in the second field and signed the PDF. (Both fields were locked).  I cleared the signature field and the original Read Only calculated field remained locked, while the second field was editable again.

I used Designer ES version 8.2.1

Regards

Steve