Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Difference in size of 2 forms...

Level 5

Good Day All;

This may sound like an odd question and in some ways, I guess it is. But here goes.

Form size difference?

I have designed 2 forms that have all the same fields. The only difference between the 2 forms is 1 is English and the other is French.

The French form is 1.4 megs and the English is 2.1 megs.

I have had a look and there does not appear to be anything different between the 2 forms except as I said the language.

The area using this form has asked if it would be possible to reduce the size of the form as the would like to send out multiple copies (20 this time) and are restricted to the total megs in an email.

I am running version 8.05.2073 of LifeCycle Designer

Thanks All

Chomp

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Can you unembed the fonts? Also turn off accessibility if you don't need it. All in File>Form Properties>Save Options.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

I just wanted to mention that I do not have any print Cache checked off as I knew this had the potential to increase the size

Level 5

I have found 1 difference between the 2 forms

The difference is in the “master Page”.

I have a text area in both but the hierarchy is different.

The English version 

Form1

Master Pages

Page1

Untitled Content Area

StaticText1 (Page1 is highlighted when I click on it)

If I try to delete, I get the message “you are attempting to remove the last master page in the document….”

Statictext38 (this has the header line)

The French version

Form1

Master Pages

Page1

Untitled Content Area

StaticText16 (This has the header line)

Correct answer by
Level 10

Can you unembed the fonts? Also turn off accessibility if you don't need it. All in File>Form Properties>Save Options.

Level 5

Hi,

Check XML Source for the unwanted data.(Example : if your form has image then in XML source in place of image path you will get unwanted data.) if you find such data please detete and give the proper data then save it.

Vjay

Level 5

Thank you Jono. I turned off the loading the fonts and the file was reduced to approx 330K..

One last question, just because I am a wee bit curious. What is the down side to doing this? I am thinking that that user will only be able to use the font that was specified in the form?

Thanks again Jono

Chomp

Level 10

It's going to depend on the fonts used but if you stick to common fonts you should be fine.

Adobe recommends using Myriad Pro and Minion Pro as they are always available to Acrobat and Reader: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000649.html

But I think any common fonts would be fine: Times New Roman, Arial, Courier, etc.