Expand my Community achievements bar.

Developed form on IPAD

Level 1

I have developed a form in Livecycle and tried to open it in adobe reader on an IPAD and will not open. It is a .pdf and a regular pdf will open on it. Any ideas what might be the issue?

7 Replies

Level 3

Maybe check your version. The app you are using to open the pdf on the iPad may not support the version it was saven in/as.

Level 1

I have checked with the apple store and the lates version of Adobe reader is installed. I created a Form with Adobe and it opens fine. The one from Livecycle will not.

Level 3

The built-in adobe reader on the iPad? I haven't used the iPad in a while, but at the time that I did, I had to install a different PDF app to be able to open the fillable PDFs made in Livecycle. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the app; sorry.

Level 10

XFA forms (forms made by LiveCycle) are not compatible with mobile versions of Reader. The forms look like a PDF but they aren't a real PDF.

Level 1

Livecycle can be saved in either PDF or XFA these are saved as PDF.

Level 10

As I said above, they look like a PDF but they aren't a real PDF and they're not compatible with mobile.

Level 3

Agree with Jono. You have to purchase a separate PDF app that is capable of opening PDF Forms--the built-in program does not work.