Expand my Community achievements bar.

Designing a form with bubbles

Former Community Member

I need to design a form that can be "bubbled" in. It will be a printed form.

From what I can see, using radio buttons is the way to go.

Has anyone else created this kind of form before?

Cindy

5 Replies

Level 10

Not sure what you mean by "bubbles."

Can you better describe what you're after?

Former Community Member

I mean something like the little bubbles that you fill in on a standardized test.

Cindy

Level 10

Ah, ok - had to go look up what you meant...

Yes, radio buttons would work fine I think.

You said this is a printed form though? People won't be filling it in on a computer? In which case you could use anything, or draw your own shapes.

Former Community Member

My hope is that it can be used online and printed.

One requirement is that the form be scan-able, so I hope we can create a form that we can, someday, upload to a database.

But I know I have to worry about licensing, since we'll probably want to extract data more than 500 times.

I'm attaching a screen shot of part of the form. Do you still think that radio buttons are the way to go?

Cindy

Level 4

Radio buttons seem the best idea

- the licensing issue with 500 only kicks in for distribution via adobe's online tools and things like reader extension through that service_ i think

you can bulk email as many 1000 forms as you like; and collate on the backend yourself

some folks use an xml parser of the email stream to a database - eg the prototype ZOPE xml database tools - totally standalone

if you need lots of collation done by adobe you'll either have to do batches of 500 - not a real hardship i guess? or get into their livecycle enterprise suite (which can do about anything! but requires a reasonable budget commitment)

it's a case of decide what you need and someone will know how to do it