Expand my Community achievements bar.

Designer - combining forms and retaining data capture

Level 2

We have several individual forms that nevertheless fit together in "packages" - the person filing the documents often have to file several forms together. Several fields on each form are the same and should be carried over btw. forms - for instance, "name", "number" etc. User would fill these bits of information in once, and the rest of the bound fields would be populated.The forms are developed in LiveCycle Designer ES2. I know I cannot add them together in Acrobat like we used to. I can add them as Attachments or in a portfolio, but that leaves the data capture out because the files are treated as stand-alone files, not as one connected document. If I add all the relevant forms as pages in one LiveCycle document, the end result is enormous (the LiveCycle files are much bigger than the Acroforms we had before). And it just doesn't seem very elegant or intuitive.

How can we approach this?

1 Reply

Level 10

Try turning off font embedding if you can. It will make the form file size quite a bit smaller. If you are sticking to standard fonts you should be fine.

I have seen a method for communicating with attached files but it looked kinda ugly from a coding standpoint.