Expand my Community achievements bar.

Default drawing aids

Level 2

Hi!

Is there a way to define default drawing aids? For example, I would like a form to show a specific grid, with "snap to grid activated" and "snap to center of page" deactivated directly after it is created, without having to define that grid for that form. The reason is the sheer number of forms I'm dealing with (many fragments), and for each one I've got to define the grid from the beginning.

The other problem is that Livecycle Designer always seems to activate "snap to center of page" again some time after i deactivated it. This seems to happen when editing another document (without closing the current window) or when scrolling to annother page, or... I get it all the time. How do I prevent that?

Regards,

Jost

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

you simply have to double-click the ruler in the design view to open the drawing aids settings.

Level 2

Hi radzmar,

my problem is not to find the drawing aids dialog. It is to define default values for the drawing aids. For example: If I create a new document, I want the horizontal grid resolution to be 16/in, the vertical grid resolution to be 32/in, and "snap to grid" should be activated, all other "snap to"s deactivated. But in a new document, resolutions are both set to either 4/in or 8/in, "snap to grid" is deactivated, and "snap to center of page" is activated.

And since I've got lots of fragments, and a separate document for each, this really annoys me.

Greetings,

Jost

Level 10

Well, to create a new form Designer uses a template file (*.tds).

There are several such template stored in the Designer folder.

The path varies from system to system, for my its C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform\Designer 10.0\DE\Templates\Blank.

You now can create your own templates.

Just create a new form with the desired drawing aids settings and save this as *.tds file under Designers template folder.

Next time you start Designer you then can select this template with the new form icon.