Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Decrease pdf size

Former Community Member

Hello,

we have a pdf form, which nearly doubles its size (from 867 051B to 1 337 351B) when I just open it with Designer (tested on 8.2 and 9.0) and save it again without modifications under different name.

Do you have any idea, where could be a problem ?

The original pdf was created by Designer 9.0

I am saving it as a Dynamic XML Form, the original pdf should be also dynamic XML form ([Form properties -> Compatibility -> Form Type] says "Dynamic XML Form").

I unfortunately cannot post the pdf publicly .

Thanks for any advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

Open the PDF in designer. Go to File > Form Properties > Save Options and un-check all boxes, save and close.  That will reduce the file size. Embedding the fonts and tags causes the PDF to be so large. Unfortunately you can't change this once to enable it to be done on all your future forms, you need to do it every time you save a new PDF.

-

Dallas

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

Open the PDF in designer. Go to File > Form Properties > Save Options and un-check all boxes, save and close.  That will reduce the file size. Embedding the fonts and tags causes the PDF to be so large. Unfortunately you can't change this once to enable it to be done on all your future forms, you need to do it every time you save a new PDF.

-

Dallas

Former Community Member

Great! It has now 50KB.

We have to optimize font problem, but now we know, where is the problem.

Thanks for help Dallas.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----